Pain For Pleasure are Sum 41's alter-ego band. Musically, their sound was closer to hair metal bands of the 1980s than Sum 41's pop-punk. With the departures of lead guitarist Dave Baksh and drummer Steve Jocz in 2006 and 2013, respectively, Pain for Pleasure have effectively disbanded. However, Baksh returned to the band in 2015 and Pain for Pleasure reunited with Tom Thacker replacing Jocz as vocalist.
Pain for Pleasure were a hair metal band from Scotland. Their debut single came out in 1987 and went to the top of the British charts. However, not long after the single's release, the band broke up. They reunited 15 years later to play their first live show 
Each member of Sum 41 had an alter-ego name for their involvement in Pain For Pleasure.
- Pleasure was Dave Baksh (Vocals & guitar)
- Pain was Steve Jocz (lead vocals)
- Sniper was Jason McCaslin (bass)
- Gunner was Deryck Whibley (drums)
Pain For Pleasure have a release on each of Sum 41's first three releases, as well as a release on a film soundtrack.
- Grab the Devil By the Horns and Fuck Him Up the Ass and Ride The Chariot To The Devil from Half Hour of Power
- Pain For Pleasure from All Killer No Filler.
- Reign In Pain (Heavy Metal Jamboree) and WWVII Parts 1 & 2 from Does This Look Infected?
- Rock You (Helix cover) from Fubar the Movie soundtrack.