Pain For Pleasure are Sum 41's alter-ego band. Musically, their sound was closer to hair metal bands of the 1980s than Sum 41's pop-punk. With the departures of lead guitarist Dave Baksh and drummer Steve Jocz in 2006 and 2013, respectively, Pain for Pleasure have effectively disbanded. However, Baksh returned to the band in 2015 and Pain for Pleasure reunited under the alias T'aint for Pleasure with Tom Thacker replacing Jocz as vocalist and Frank Zummo taking up drums.
Pain for Pleasure were a hair metal band from Scotland. Their debut single came out in 1987 and went to the top of the British charts. However, not long after the single's release, the band broke up. They reunited 15 years later to play their first live show 
Following the possible death of Pain (who was believed to have been drowned in a bowl of cereal and whiskey), the band continued under the alias T'aint for Pleasure with T'aint as lead vocalist. After a tragic drumming accident that saw Gunner rupture and expel one of his testicals on-stage, he took up rhythm guitar. New recruit, El Dildo, replaced him on drums.
Each member of Sum 41 had an alter-ego name for their involvement in both Pain For Pleasure and T'aint for Pleasure.
Pain for PleasureEdit
- Pleasure was Dave Baksh (Vocals & guitar)
- Pain was Steve Jocz (lead vocals)
- Sniper was Jason McCaslin (bass)
- Gunner was Deryck Whibley (drums)
T'aint for PleasureEdit
- Pleasure is Dave Baksh (Vocals & guitar)
- T'aint is Tom Thacker (lead vocals)
- Sniper is Jason McCaslin (bass)
- Gunner is Deryck Whibley (Rhythm guitar)
- El Dildo is Frank Zummo (drums)
Pain For Pleasure have a release on each of Sum 41's first three releases, as well as a release on a film soundtrack.
- Grab the Devil By the Horns and Fuck Him Up the Ass and Ride The Chariot To The Devil from Half Hour of Power
- Pain For Pleasure from All Killer No Filler.
- Reign In Pain (Heavy Metal Jamboree) and WWVII Parts 1 & 2 from Does This Look Infected?
- Rock You (Helix cover) from Fubar the Movie soundtrack.