|Release Date||October 7, 2016|
|Recorded||Mr. Biz (Deryck's Home Studio)|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
|Date||August 25. 2016|
13 Voices is Sum 41's sixth studio album set to be released October 7, 2016. The album was planned since 2012 and was recorded from 2014 to 2016.
This is the first album with Sum 41's new drummer Frank Zummo, as well as the first album since the return of lead guitarist Dave Baksh. It is also Sum 41's first album as a five-piece, as Tom Thacker, who replaced Baksh in 2006, remained with the band.
On June 7, 2016, Sum 41 announced that their upcoming album would be called 13 Voices and that it would be released October 7 of the same year.
The first song released from the album was "Fake My Own Death", released on the 28th of June 2016, along with a music video directed by Marc Klasfeld, who is known for directing other Sum 41 videos such as "Fat Lip", "In Too Deep", "Still Waiting", "The Hell Song", "We're All to Blame", and "Underclass Hero".
This music video is highly satirical, playing on the idea of social media and internet trends being nauseating and fake by using the lyrics of the song "help me escape" and "cause I wanna feel, something that's real".
Their first single War was released August 25. 2016 with a new music video also dropping.
|1.||"A Murder of Crows"||Deryck Whibley||3:04|
|2.||"Goddamn I'm Dead Again"||Whibley||3:22|
|3.||"Fake My Own Death"||Whibley||3:14|
|4.||"Breaking the Chain"||Whibley, Mike Green||4:03|
|5.||"There Will Be Blood"||Whibley, David Zonshine, Street Drum Corps||3:29|
|8.||"God Save Us All (Death to POP)"||Whibley||3:53|
|9.||"The Fall and the Rise"||Whibley||3:09|
|10.||"Twisted by Design"||Whibley, Matt Squire||5:28|
|13.||"War" (acoustic)||Whibley, Green||3:43|
|14.||"Breaking the Chain" (acoustic)||Whibley, Green||3:48|
- Deryck Whibley - Lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Cone McCaslin - Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Tom Thacker - Co-lead guitar, keyboards
- Dave Baksh - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Frank Zummo - Drums
- 13 Vocies is the first Sum 41 album to only feature one original member from their start in 1996, that being Deryck Whibley
- It was rumored to be called Complicity.
- In an interview with Cone McCaslin he revealed that two of the songs would be called "Nightmare" and "Take It To The Grave". It is however unknown if they are unreleased songs that was cut out or if they actually will be in the album as some sort of bonus songs.